Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE GLD4408R00WW dishwasher will not fill. Has been working

GE GLD4408R00WW dishwasher will not fill. Has been working . Water pressure good.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front left corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Remove the screw on the back of the cover to the float device and then pull the cover off to see the float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad. Below is a link to the valve for your model number.

CLICK HERE for fill valve

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!