Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

maytag dishwasher, mdb7749awb,wont turn on. steam and heat

maytag dishwasher, mdb7749awb,won't turn on. steam and heat options do turn on. Power and load options do not. Would this be a panel or board issue and how do i check it.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

So it will do everything in the way of programming it just will not start is that correct?

And if you program it if you open the door does any of the programmed selections go away ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will have to put it back together to ck that. Options come on steam,hi temp, heated dry, and sanitize light up. cycles and start do not,

before you put it back to geather look at the door switchs in the door on the latch assembly .they are well known for going bad .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put it back before i got your reply and options light stays on when door is open and shut. Latch is good

the latch may be good but what about the door switches if they are not good the door will close and latch just not start the unit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put a meter on latch and it is good

ok as long as you say it is good thats good enough for me .

Then I too would have to assume it is in the control .

CLICK HERE for part info

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

woody,

i received new board and when installed drain/cancel light came on and drain cycle ran for a minute. light went off and dishwasher still will not start. latch is good and wiring is hot. whats next?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i still need more information

well I would say if the unit came on and drained it did start.

Now are you able to program differant cycles ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. cancel/ drain cycle runs for 30-40 seconds stops and on button and cycles do not come on. drain cycle is also not responsive after draining. i unpluged control board, plugged back in, drain cycle comes on again, finishes and goes dead again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do I do next

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know what do do next!
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Woody is offline so I will step in to see if we can get you going.
Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. Let me know what, if anything changes, any change at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for your help. I heated the panel and no change. Buttons felt maybe a little more sensative, Do I have a bad panel? Whats next?

I believe you do. How long did you heat the panel and did you rub firmly over the buttons where the start button is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

30-40 secs. Should I try longer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just repeated heat. Turned on and no response. Drain did not come on.

I suspect the touch panel is at fault. I have posted a link below to a company that will allow you to return it if it does not solve the issue.

Touch Panel <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could it be anyhing else? If not thanks for your help.

I do not believe so since the main control has been replaced. The touch pad has a very high rate of failure, I am very confident the touch pad is at fault.