Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Inglis refrigerator Model ITB1933 has water buildup and freezing

Customer Question

Inglis refrigerator Model ITB1933 has water buildup and freezing in bottom of lower freezer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, there is a defrost drain behind the back wall in the freezer section, you will need to remove your food and then remove the back panel inside the freezer, a typical defrost drain looks like this.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
can you get the panel off in the back inside the freezer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I finally got the back panel off and we found the drain hole (covered in ice) and we are melting the ice with a hair dryer. Is there anything else I should do now before I put things back together?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry we are having site issues, I hope you get this reply. pour boiling water down the hole also until it drains freely.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I hope you received my answer, let me know if theres anything else you need, please remember to rate me 3 or above, so I get credit for helping you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I havent heard back from you so I wasnt sure if you needed more help. if you dont please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Do you still need help ? Please let me know if you do. If not please rate me so i can close this question, thanks, Bryan