Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom-Freezer Refrig. that I bought

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Bottom-Freezer Refrig. that I bought in Feb.07 new. Every time there is a power glitch, the thermostat settings go back to the default settings, which is a 4. I run them both at a 5, things seem to be a better temp. at that setting. Is there a lock that can be activated, to keep this from happening? Just wondering.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

Good morning, unfortunately no , what happens is when the electric goes off its like unplugging the refrigerator and all power is lost to the electronic control. unlike a computer that has a backup power source (a small battery to keep the time) these don't have that. So there is no control lock in these. sorry, theres not much you can do for that accept reset it when this happens. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Thanks. Luckily, this doesn't happen often.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your very welcome. You may have come up with a great idea ! that would be good to have a backup for when this happens ! thanks and have a great weekend. Bryan