Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDR24SE. It overflowed

We have a KitchenAid Dishwasher Model KUDR24SE. It overflowed and I didremove a knife from the standing water. However, it now overflows when we use it, even with nothing near or under the flotation sensor. Considering this leaking happened suddenly, with no prior indication of a problem, it may be a simple glitch (reset?)?
Please advise.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, does the float move up and down freely ? can you hear the float switch click when you lift it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The float moves up and down freely, seems to goup as far as it can, and down as well. I dont hear a clicking, but it does move.

Okay the float has a micro switch in it , number 11 on this diagram. now either the switch has failed or theres something underneath like soap scum thats keeping the switch in.remove the panel along the bottom front under the door and check the switch. if nothing is gumming up the switch replace the switch. heres a link to order the assembly if needed. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Float-Switch/W10207863/1460983?modelNumber=KUDR24SEAL0?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I remove the panel?

remove the screws I have marked on this diagram. (there on both sides)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here