applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer HE. I need to remove the

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer HE. I need to remove the agitator (low boy). I am using a 7/16 socket, but it won't budge. I am going to use and impact drill. Does it unscrew counterclockwise or clockwise? I have to be sure or I will tighten instead of loosen. I've heard that since it spins one way it can unscrew the other way.

Any advice about removing coins that have dropped below the basin?

applianceguy :

counterclockwise. Hold the agitator and break it loose.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to buy an Amana AFB2534DES. It has a clicking sound 3 times in 10 months but it works. Repair person says it COULD be starter ($58) or compressor ($318). Is it something I can fix. What is it likely? Should I buy this very nice appliance?