Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a Fisher and paykel MW512 that will not agitate or

I have a Fisher and paykel MW512 that will not agitate or spin
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you on the repair of this unit.

Can you please tell me what lights are flashing when you say it starts beeping.

Also can you spin the tub by hand?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The 1st(long wash) and second to last (between spin and rinse) lights flash orange,the tub is difficult to turn by hand when power on,turns freely when switched off

Do you have a multimeter to check ohms on this unit? If you do I will supply you with what and where to check. It is sounding like you may have a bad stator or Rotor position sensor, but would like to do some test before we have you order a part.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have an multi meter what sort of value should I be getting on the stator and or position sensor??

thanks

The stator will be read with the red blue and yellow wires on the control board, you should read 16 ohms on any two wires.

The RPS sensor can not be ohmed out unfortunately
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I just put the meter on and got 32 ohms

I told you wrong it is 32 ohms across any two combination wires. so your stator is good. Are you familiar with removing the tub

remove top screws, then remove the neck ring from outer tub, then reach down the center of your agitator and you will feel a wing nut that needs to be unscrewed, then remove agitator. This will allow you to remove the inner basket. I am thinking you may have something caught underneath the basket.