Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

bosch dryer mod # XXXXX cust states that it runs

bosch dryer mod # XXXXX cust states that it runs for 10 min the e 03 popps up and it shuts off .havent been there yet . help

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you

repairguy :

The F03 is a condesation error, I would remove the filter assy, verify it is cleaned and also behind the filter assy is clean also. If all that is good you are looking for the clear tube that takes the water out is not clogged. Your problem is definetly in the moisture removal on this unit

Customer:

im looking at the sears diagram. is the filter your talking about the one on the front left of the machine and can i access the tube from that filter access

repairguy :

let me look at the same picture

repairguy :

the filter is 522, 512 is where water collects this is most likely where i feel your problem lies

Customer:

des the drain line connect to the pump and can it be blown out with compressed air. also .if the line is clear , does the pump need to be replaced?

repairguy :

It has been a little while since I have worked on one but I beleive, the pump assy works like a sump pump with a float mechanism. You can try to blow out the tube it will not hurt anything. as far a replacing the pump I would test it by adding water.

repairguy :

When are you going to the home?

Customer:

a hour or 2

repairguy :

ok today I thought you were going to say next week

repairguy :

if you have any questions just let me know

repairguy :

I will try and make myself available

Customer:

can i access where to ad water from the filter cavity or do i have to dismantle the thing and if i add water to it and what am i looking for the pump to do

Customer:

really not a big fan of bosch. to much hassle to dissasemble

repairguy :

I dont see a access panel in the back you may have to disassemble

Customer:

top and sides come off i assume

repairguy :

yes

repairguy :

I am logging off here for a little bit, good luck, hopefully it is in the filter or right behind the the filter

Customer:

about adding water to the pump. how does that work? im almost out of ?

repairguy :

Kind of like a float switch on the dishwashe and I believe you can remove the top and add water

Customer:

and im looking for thepump to come on ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. im there and the filter was clogged . i cleaned it out and its running fine but its shooting water out of a hole in the back wall about 2 inches from the drain line opening.whats going on here

Has a tube come off? It is real hard to say from where i am at
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the tube that drains the water out is fine and hooked to the drain line. this nipple is about 1 in. long and pointing up at an angle.its part of the housing. i blew through it and there was no obstruction. . every few minutes water will shoot out of this opening,maybe a 1/4 cup .i cleaned the filter area and the e03 went away and it started running but the water keeps shooting out

Is the nipple part of the pump assy? Perhaps you have a bad pump assy and the unit really had two problems with it. Im sorry I do not have a answer I do not believe I have ever come across this before.