Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Ge Fridge that is not cooling. The freezer is fine.

I have a Ge Fridge that is not cooling. The freezer is fine. What could be the problem. Model is GTS22WCMARWW
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Please take your time and make the checks below.

First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought it might be the fan and took freezer apart to get to it. It started to run so don't know if it was problem. Had alot of frost on back of freezer panel and coils. had ice in both holes coming down from freezer into the fridge and some ice in middle hole. The two on side were frozen closed.

Wayne I know what you need to do,,give me a few minutes to upload a file for you to follow.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Was the fan stalled? I misread.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seemed to be.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seemed to be

Do you have a meter to measure voltage with Wayne or do you know someone who does?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i do

Set a meter above 20 volts DC and go around behind the fridge. Remove the 8 x 10 panel up on the rear outside wall.

Arrowed red is the connector to measure. Count holes from left to right just like you read. Not the wires but the holes in the connector.

Black meter probe in hole 3 and leave it there.
Red meter probe first in hole 4.
Then test again in hole 8.
The fridge must be operating.
Take your time and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hole 3 13.34

hole 8 13.49

my meter is a digital meter cant set it

Wayne you have a bad motor, those are good measurements sir. Replace that fan motor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks will do.

Take care Wayne, if you need me have this page saved to your favorites. If you post I will see it and reply as soon as I can. You take care and thank you for the opportunity.