Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hi, my F & P fridge freezer model E372B has started to intermitten

Hi, my F & P fridge freezer model E372B has started to intermittently start a constant beeping, both doors are shut and seals are in good order. When I open the fridge the temp control is flashing on the freezer icon, so if I change setting to butter or top fridge the alarm stops. It stops for a day, or sometimes only a few hours. If I open the fridge when the alarm isn't sounding the freezer icon still remains flashing. I went away for several days and came home to find the produce in veggie bins frozen solid and alarm sounding. I have emptied out the fridge, and turned it off for 12 hours. I have turned it back on and the alarm started straight away, but has stayed off since. The freezer icon is still flashing, which according to the online manual shouldn't be, as it reverts to the fridge compartment after any changes? What are your thoughts please?

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the electronic control board. Do you have power surges or an excessive amount of black outs in your area?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly

No, I don't have any issues with power supply in the area I live (Kapiti Coast, NZ). There were no power cuts while I was away either.

It seems as if the freezer part is just working full time and is so cold its affecting the bottom area of the fridge above. Ice is forming on the rear of the veggie bins by the vents.

I tried it on sabbatical mode but I think that just stopped the alarm.

Totally unplug the refrigerator for one hour and see if the behavior changes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As per my original message, I emptied the whole thing and left it off totally unplugged for 12 hours. Problem has continued since turning it back on.

Sorry, I only read you had turned it off, which would not allow the board components to discharge for a total reset. In that case, I believe the PCB will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for your help!