How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason Your Own Question
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  15yrs experience
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Jason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a KitchenAid KFCS22EVMS4 fridge. We have started to

This answer was rated:

I have a KitchenAid KFCS22EVMS4 fridge. We have started to see water pooling on the floor near the grill, left side of the refrigerator. User manual isn't very helpful. It just says, "Make sure the water dispenser tube connections are fully tightened" but does say how or where
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Please open the freezer drawer. Do you see a solid sheet of ice on the floor of the freezer inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ah ha...yes I do.


Ok, this means that the defrost drain is plugged. You will have to access the inside rear panel of the freezer and remove it. Spray hot water where the ice it, using towels to soak the water. The drain will be revealed, keep using hot water until the water flows down the drain. Make sure the drain is clear, and reassemble. You cannot put much water down the drain, or you will overflow the drain pan under the fridge and get much water on your floor. If you feel this is more than you want to tackle, you may want to hire an appliance tech to do it. I hope this information has assisted you. Please give me a great rating for answering your question. You can still respond back for more information at anytime, just by replying back to this question....thank you
Jason and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds simple enough. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, one more clarification. I do not see a removable panel inside my freezer.

The panel that has to be removed is the inside rear panel. This is the panel, or back wall of the freezer. It has the vent which the air blows out of. There are 4 screws which have to be removed on the cover. The vent has to be removed, there are pictures of screwdrivers on the vent where you need to release the vent clips to remove it. You will first have to remove the door panel, and all the baskets, and drawers before getting to this panel. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gotcha. thanks

No problem

Related Appliance Questions