Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

my ice maker is not cycling through, I replaced wiring harness

my ice maker is not cycling through, I replaced wiring harness and it is making cold ice but not dropping
Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

Please re-post the model# XXXXX this refrigerator with a space between each character.....example 1 2 3 4. This will prevent the series of x's that showed up on your post in the model# XXXXX you re-post this I will be able to assist you.....Thank you.

I see the last expert has opted out I will try to assist you .

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

But yes I too need the model number sent to me like so 123 . 123456 with out the space and the decimal the server blocks it ,thinking it is your phone number .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sears kenmore model # XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sears kenmore model # XXXXX 5 3. 5 6 5 2 9 4 0 0

ok thank you so it fills with water the water freezes but it does not dump the cubes is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is correct

And it is good and cold in the freezer ?

The only way the icemaker dumps is it has to get below a temperature of 15 degrees before the icemaker cycles .

do you have very little in the freezer in the way of food ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my freezer temp is -17 degrees and it is 3/4 full

ok so it has to be an issue with the thermostat in the icemaker then .CLICK HERE for the part info .

To get to the thermostat you will need to unmount the icemaker for the freezer wall , remove the front plastic cover and the the three screws that hold the metal cover in place and the thermostat is mounted to the icemaker mold .

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line