Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Have a jenn-air side by side when plugged in the fan near

Have a jenn-air side by side when plugged in the fan near the compressor starts then stops. Lights are on in the refrigerator but nothing else happening.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

It does that just once and never again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Each time I plug in the cord the fan starts for a second then stops.

Watch the video below to help you get the control down. Be sure you have the refrigerator unplugged. The board that controls the operation of the refrigerator is bad. Be sure the refrigerator is unplugged and follow the video to change it. That will take care of the problem. The part number to shop with is 61005988, I also provided a link below if you would like to use that.

Adc circuit board click here.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating so that I am compensated. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

6-7. Got new part and installed but same issue occurred. The light in on in the ref. but fan runs for one a second and stops.