Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi i have a LG Front load washing machine with code LE. I have

Customer Question

Hi i have a LG Front load washing machine with code LE. I have tried to unplug it for 1 hour and spin the drum forward and reverse. It works ok with very small loads.
S/N 906kwnm04735
model : wm2301HR
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the LE is a locked motor error.

The connector (3-pin, male, white) in the MOTOR HARNESS

is not connected to the connector (3-pin, female, white) of

STATOR ASSEMBLY.

• The electric contact between the connectors (3-pin, male,

white) in the MOTOR HARNESS and 4-pin, female, white

connector in the MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is bad or unstable.

• The MOTOR HARNESS between the STATOR ASSEMBLY

and MAIN PWB ASSEMBLY is cut (open circuited).

• The hall sensor is out of order/defective.

In your case since this works on small loads would be a bad hall sensor. Rotor Position Sensor 6501KW2002A Main Product View now this is easy to replace and I have a video for you. click this blue link for the video and to order the hall sensor (Rotor Position Sensor) http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/6501KW2002A/1268238?modelNumber=WM2301HR?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of your issue. thanks , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I thought it was fixed. I washed 1 load with no problem. 2nd load was towels and the code LE come back on. What should I do next?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
you replaced the hall sensor and its still doing the same thing ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
mmmmm, okay is there any water left in the drum when this goes to spin ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the machine started beeping with the code LE it stopped and tried to spin the drum. I checked the drum and yes it has water in it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh okay, If the drum has water it will slow the motor down and give a false code in instances, check your drain system in the machine and also check the drain pump and make sure theres no clogs.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the pump located.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
theres a door on the left side bottom front you open to check the drain.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The filter and the drain are clean. I Drained the drum and did a speed wash and the drum won't turn it just makes noise and bounces back and fourth.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the drum wont turn ? can you try by hand again ?is it locking up ? thats strange.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I turn the drum both ways by hand I got it to work. I put it on drain and spin cycle and it worked. But it sounds like a jet engine taking off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh thats not good. your main tub bearings are failing.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
thats why the false readings and errors, this is a huge job to replace. they are available but its a big job.do you want parts and diagrams link ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I hope you received my answer. we have been having site issues, thanks. If you did please rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you , Bryan