The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My Maytag M/N MHWE300VW11 will not start. Line voltage is

My Maytag M/N MHWE300VW11 will not start. Line voltage is good. Water is good. I opened the top and measured the voltage at the water solenoid valves and it looks like it is only getting about 34 VAC, not enough to open the valves. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Is it the unit in general that will not start, or is it the water that is not entering the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The machine will not start.

It clicks and the revolving arm on the water inlet mechanism goes around, but no water goes in and it does not start

Okay, thank you. Give me a bit to look and see if I have the service manual for this unit. I need you to try and run a diagnostics to confirm what has failed.
Thank you
Going to the tech site for this information. Please stand by.
Thank you.

Sorry for the wait.
Please try and enter the unit into the diagnostics mode. If it will not go into diagnostics and you have good power to the main control board (not the control panel) then you will need to order and replace it.
Please click here to order a new control board.

Plwasw let me know if you need anything else.

Best, Smitty

To enter your unit into the diagnostics mode do th efolllowing.

MANUAL DIAGNOSTIC TEST

The washer must be empty and the control must be in the

OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to

start the test.

Starting the Test Mode.

n Close the door.

n Select any one key (except PAUSE/CANCEL) and

follow the steps below, using the same key:

Press/hold

for 4

seconds Ô

Release

for 4

seconds Ô

Press/hold

for 4

seconds Ô

Release

for 4

seconds Ô

Press/

hold for

4

seconds

Release for

4 seconds Ô

Press/

hold for 4

seconds

NOTE: Wait until door locks and use the same key to

jump over single tests in the test program.

Be sure to perform the Diagnostic Tests before

replacing the system components.

NOTE: If an error has occured or does occur at any time

in the test program, the test program stops at this point

and the corresponding error code is displayed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I follow these instructions, nothing happens.
The machine does not go to diagnostics mode.

Are you sure this is the correct test, before I order a new control board?

Thanks

If the unit is not doing anything when you try to put it into diagnostics then the control board is the problem.

The diagnostics is the base programming for the unit. Similar to the BIOS of your computer. If it doesnt work then the board is toast.

If on the odd chance it isnt the board the site I linked you to will allow you to return it. This is one of the reasons I link to them.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. If not please rate my service.

Thank you.

**How to rate your expert**

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances