Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a GE double Door refrigerator. Model #ESF25KGTBWW

I have a GE double Door refrigerator. Model #ESF25KGTBWW The freezer door handle is both the bottom of the door and at the top of the door. It appears that you have to remove a plastic piece at the top of each end of the handle in order to gain access to the screw/nut to tighten. What is the "magic" way to remove the plastic access piece without destroying those two pieces? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Take a pick or a very small screw driver and pry right where the tip of the red arrow is below. You may even be able to put a stick pin there to get it started but those pieces pop right out where the tips of the arrows are. After those are off you can tighten the screws underneath.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.