How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an Amana fridge/freezer model SRD522VW that has begun

This answer was rated:

I have an Amana fridge/freezer model SRD522VW that has begun continually dripping
water into the ice container. Ice is also continuing to be made but the dripping is causing the container to not allow the ice to be released when the external lever is pressed.
Does it need cleaning or repairing please?
Good day, this is a common issue , the electronic fill valve isn't shutting tightly, this can be caused by hard water among other things. the valve gets gummed up inside and doesn't close completely. Water Inlet Valve D7827204        Main Product View you will need to order and replace the valve its not servicable itself . this is what you need. Water Inlet Valve D7827204 , its located in the back where the water line from your house connects. Since your in the UK you will need to order it there. Hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I actually live in Perth WA so am wondering whether you can give me any indication of a repairer here, or could I actually do the repairs myself?

Also, could you pls tell me where I can order the part from?

Thanks, Lesley

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible to pls have my question from yesterday answered as to whether I would need to have a fridge repairer install the water inlet valve or whether it would be possible to do the repairs myself? Also, where would I order the part from?

Thanks, Lesley

I'm so sorry, I had a major computer crash yesterday and was offline all day, you can install this yourself its pretty simple.just shut the water off to the refrigerator and roll it away from the wall. remove the line and then the screws holding the valve, then remove the two plastic lines and the plug. its pretty simple, heres a link to order it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan