Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I purchashed a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model GI6SDRXXY00

I purchashed a Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator Model GI6SDRXXY00 S/N K04956046
a few years ago. My complaint is it is very loud when running.Is there a solution to this noise?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is the noise inside the freezer or coming from behind where the compressor is ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The noise is coming from behind

okay does it sound like a fan or the compressor itself ? Is this brand new or second hand ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've had this Refrigerator for a few years bought new and it has been loud since I purchased it. I can't be sure but I think it sounds like the comressor.

okay, so this is only a few years old ? Have you ever had the refrigerator looked at under warranty or reported it to Whirlpool within the first year of ownership ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay , I checked the warranty info and its only covered for 1 year unfortunately, (they used to have a 5 year warranty on the compressors) If in fact it is the compressor its a very expensive job to replace it. This is part of the sealed system and the compressor itself has no serviceable parts it can only be replaced. the cost would be around $600.00 or above to replace . I wish I had better news. I would try calling Whirlpool and complaining anyway. you never know. they may help. This would need to be done by a tech with an HVAC license.