Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Im having an issue with my LG DLEX7177WM.

I'm having an issue with my LG DLEX7177WM.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

The problem most likely is the high limit thermostat. High Limit Thermostat 6931EL3001E     Main Product Viewthis is supposed to shut down the heater if this overheats. I would replace that , if you have a temperature that exceeds the limit on this the thermal fuse will blow to prevent a fire.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did test the component with multimeter; it did test sat (not opened) Is there a possibility its value changed and too much is flowing through fuse, and it's blowing. I did buy that component with the multitude of thermal fuses. What about the HLT that is attached to the blower, is that a possibility?

well when you tested the high limit and you say didn't open are you saying when the temp got hot it didn't shut off the heater ? because if that's the case it is over heating like I said and will cause the thermal fuse to blow. does your meter have a temp sensor on it ? as far as the HLT on the blower. High Limit Thermostat 6931EL3002A Main Product View the temp should stay between 165 degrees to 185 degrees. if it goes over that the thermal fuse will blow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't test while the dryer was still hot; it was several hours after the dryer stopped drying. So, my understanding now; if that thermostat is not functioning as designed, and not regulating the heat, the fuse gets overheated and opens? That would make sense.

I have to go on a short road trip; i will be back in a couple of hours; your response will still come to my phone; i just wont be able to respond as well.

that's exactly how it works, rather than the thermal fuse blowing the high limit opens and the heater shuts off. if that doesn't happen then the thermal fuse will blow due to overheating.