Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
no. So, where are you Kelly. All electrics on kitchen counter now off. Tried to throw kitch. ctr. switch, but does not throw. How do I send this to you?
I keep replying buy get nowhere. Where are my replies going? I already answered the above request.
Thanks for using this service.I am a different tech as it seems Kelly was not available. You have blown the internal fuse on the unit. You would need to take the shroud off the unit and check the internal bus fuse on it to see if it is blown. That is likely the issue. Here is what the fuse would look like. Also be careful as microwaves store high voltage you should discharge the capacitor using a jumper wire or have knowledge to discharge it when you get the shroud off or you could be injured.
Haux. Been trying for hours. You are not worth my time. Send me a list of whom may help me with my Sharp microwave; Disgustedly yours
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
First off we are not a hoax. What has happened is the two previous experts opted out of your question. That means that they do not have the information you require and have sent your question back to the top of the list.
I would like to clear up the miscommunications and see if between the two of us we can get your unit working again.
In order to do that I need you to check part of the electrical system of your home.
You state that the unit tripped your circuit breaker. From what I understand I believe that you have already tried to reset it at the homes electrical panel. If that is correct and there is still no power to your microwave, or the rest of the counter, then you have a GFCI that has tripped. A GFCI is the outlet with the two small buttons on it. One red and one black. Locate the GFCI on your counter. Press the buttons one at a time. One should make a distinct click sound. Once it makes the click press the other one to reset the GFCI.
Try your microwave again. If there is definately power at the outlet (plug in another appliance into the outlet to confirm this), but the unit is completely dead you may have a blown fuse on the power intake board inside the unit. It is soldered to the small PCB board where the cord goes into the unit. To repair it you need to remove the cover of the microwave. You then desolder the old one, remove it, and then solder in a new fuse.
If it runs and seems to do everything, but heat the food, then you have a bad magnetron. This is the heart of the unit. It is what heats the food.
Unfortunately the magnetron is listed as no longer available at all of my parts suppliers. Even if it was available the cost of the part is almost as much as a new unit. If you include the cost of installation it would exceed the price of a new unit.
Now if I have missed something here or if you believe that I do not understand the situation please be so kind as to reply to me with the information you need and I will do my best to provide you with it.
Sometimes the hardest part of our job here is understanding what the customer is trying to tell us. Although we are all very good at what we do we are only human. As such there will be times that communications break down and it just gets more confusing the harder we try. For this please forgive us, and try to understand.
Thank you. Best, Smitty
**How to rate your expert**