Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag washer MAH4400 that works fine fine but lately

I have a Maytag washer MAH4400 that works fine fine but lately when the washer goes into the sping mode it makes a loud noise you can hear outside.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good Morning, Does this sound like a jet plane taking off ? real loud ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah the washer still works but it is quite annoying. Can this be fixed?

Well it can be fixed but its not worth the cost. the rear drum bearing is failing and would need to be replaced.the problem is this only comes with the whole outer rear drum assembly (they don't sell a separate bearing) Outer Tub 22004465        Main Product View this rear drum with bearing runs $592.00 ! thats without labor and its a big ticket labor job. I would run this as long as you can stand it and then replace the machine. I'm sorry for the bad news. we see a lot of these. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan