Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

ET1CHKXLCQ03 model number Whirlpool refrigerator. Freezer works

ET1CHKXLCQ03 model number Whirlpool refrigerator. Freezer works fine refrigerator won't get cold.
First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it? This is related because the air is circulated to the fresh food section from the freezer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no frosty spot but fan is blowing cold air

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX control for the freezer on the right is set somewhere near the center of the range then the temperature control on the left for the fresh food section is bad. You will need to replace it or get it replaced to repair the refrigerator. If you do it yourself be sure that the refrigerator is unplugged. There is always power present in that panel even if its off.

The factory part number for that control is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand you can use that number to shop anywhere that sells appliance parts. I also put a link for it below for you and I have arrowed it in the diagram below.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.