Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

This is a dishwasher issue; a GE Profile PDW8280J00SS. The

Customer Question

This is a dishwasher issue; a GE Profile PDW8280J00SS. The control panel went dead. There seems to be no signal. There was no indication of any issue before this happened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Was the machine in the middle of a wash when this happened?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no.... We ran a cycle this morning. it seemed to compete normally. I only noticed that there was no lights when I went to start it.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jim, turn off the power, remove the panel below the door. There is a junction box there, follow the wire to it. Remove the cover and check the wire nut connections there.

If those are good remove the top screws from the door to get the panel apart at the top section. Check the switch in the image below to be sure its not stuck, if you have an ohm meter you can ohm the switch for continuity. Set the meter to any ohm setting, disconnect the wires from the switch. Press it and you should get a reading. If you do not the switch is bad. I have that linked just below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/WD21X10169/1063709?RCAID=1000064

graphic

If the switch is good then the module is bad and you will need to replace that or have it replaced to make the repair and that is linked below.

.www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WD21X10174/1026099?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks.. this will take some time.... I will write back. If it is too late, I cna catch up later.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, I will be here for a while, I am not sure exactly how long but I am thinking about 2 hours more. I am on eastern time.

Thanks,
Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Jim I just had another thought to add to the above. Check the wiring where it bends at the bottom of the door. Make sure none are broken in that area.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Barry I am not sure if you got my last note. Thanks a million. The dishwasher is working well. It eas the junction box wires. they were loose and loosk like a little fried. I ran a cycle after I trimmed the wires and recapped them. I then shit the power off and checked the weires to see of they were hot - they were not. All seems good. Thanks again.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome Jim that happens a lot, someone does not get the nuts tight enough and eventually they overheat. I am glad you got it fixed and I appreciate the opportunity. Please return the next time you have a question.

Barry