Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Whirpool thin twin washers tub is off center. The "cups"

My Whirpool thin twin washer's tub is off center. The "cups" that are at the bottom seem to be missing the pins needed to keep the upper and lower "cups" attached with the collar. All three seem to be like this. Is this lacking something...What is needed to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the pins you see in the little cups are shipping pins that are pulled when the machine is setup. they are not supposed to be in .are all the springs still attached to the drum ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see only one attached to the right rear one.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay does the tub move back and forth real easy ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes...it leans to the left when we try to run it. It runs, it's just very off center.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
how do the struts look ? #5 on this diagram .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "how". {Laugh} They look like that...kind of hard to see the one on the left. What should I look for?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
really what you need to see is if they are all still connected to the tub. one hasn't broken loose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are all connected.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , the one that on the side that leans down must be bad. if every thing is connected theres really nothing else that would make this lean to one side like that. these are stabilizers, if they get worn the drum will tilt one way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The one on the left is hard to see. Let me see if I can look at it better. Hold on. Meanwhile should I replace all? How about the spring on the right rear?...could that have trouble or just the struts giving me problems?

Let me try to look at the left strut...or do you think we have it nailed down?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
well the spring could be an issue,is it leaning away from the spring like its weak ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It's leaning to the left, of course the spring is in the back, right. Is there something to the strut's appearance that would tip off that there is damage? As far as the spring is concerned, there's no way to tell if it has been stretched.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

well that gives me a better idea of whats going on, if its leaning away from the spring then the spring is most likely the issue. the spring holds it down on one side. the dampers " struts" you really cant tell by looking at them but those are real expensive $72.00 each ! I would replace the spring and see if that does it. its like under $5.00 . heres a link to order that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Suspension-Spring/W10250667/1549326

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One more thing...if it's OK. The regularl/heavy cycle has Super wash 2, then goes to the 12 minute level. If we put it on Super Wash 2, then later in the cycle, it won't fill up enough water to rinse properly. There is no issue using it on the shoerter settings. Is this something wrong with the twisting setting knob on the left side for the washer? Also, when it goes to a spin portion of the cycle it just makes noise, not loud or like there's something wrong...but when you push in the washer cycle knob then pull it back out, the washer starts spinning.

Should that spring be pretty solid with no gaps between the coils?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes the spring should be solid with no gaps, you may have a timer issue with the other problem, there are contacts inside the timer that may be bad. Timer(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.