Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have a kirkland signature washer 10cycle heavy duty super capacity

Customer Question

have a kirkland signature washer 10cycle heavy duty super capacity plus, 5 speed combinations washer, sorry could not find model number, any how when it drains the water emptys just fine but the spin cycle is really slow, it spins a little but not very much at all, know its a bad idea but tried to help it spin a little faster by hand, it didnt keep the speed and slowly went back down to its slower speed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon . if you open the lid and look in the back theres a tag with the model number, can you check that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only number i see is on top right says SM(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

hope thats it

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I was able to pull up the parts with that number. you need to replace the clutch assembly. Clutch 285785 Main Product View this is easier than it looks and there a step by step video on how to replace it at this link. you can also buy it there. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Clutch/285785/2670?modelNumber=LSQ9560PW2?RCAID=1000065
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i open up the washer? i thought i knew but either i am doing it wrong or something else is up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

never mind didnt take enough time to watch the video

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay I was going to say you do this without taking the cabinet off . thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i replaced the clutch with a new one. it ran fine for a month. when it went out i replaced it with another one, this one didnt work immediately nor did the next three. i have used cheap clutches to expensive ones ( i have spent more money than i think its now worth) yet i am still having the same problem i initially did. most the time it just wont spin without help. i have over $200 in different clutches in this and i am at my whits end with it. now on rare occasion it will spin without help. and when i say spin i dont mean just the final spin cycle i mean any time that the drum or tub or whatever the term is for it needs to spin. please help its now oblivious its not a problem with the clutch so what could it be?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
that's really strange. can you check and make sure your spanner nut is tight ? remove the agitator and theres a spanner nut that holds the drum make sure that hasn't come loose.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this holds the drum to the tube and the drive block.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
if that loose the drum will slip.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nope it seems tight. i cant move it by hand and i dont have the proper spanner wrench but i took a flat head and tapped it with a driver and it moved only a little. hardly noticeable if you were not paying attention

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I just cant see this being a transmission issue since you changed the clutch it worked again. I'm a little stumped by this one. have checked you coupling ?

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
these can sometimes strip or round off is that okay ? have you taken it off ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have visually checked it but not taken it apart. with the tranny together it looked ok

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
try taking a look at that and see how easy it comes off the shaft of the motor and the transmission. if it comes of easy it may be rounded and slipping on the shaft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok will have to get back to you on that one. may not have time to do that much today

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks, talk later.