Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer started washing but stopped part way through. The

My washer started washing but stopped part way through. The door is not locked & it won't restart. I tried just doing a spin & it started & almost immediately stopped & the door unlocked

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

do you have a model number so I can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where do I find the model #?

If this is a front load open the door and look around the opening for the tag.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

okay perfect, When you try to restart this what happens ? does the door try to lock?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nO. I TRIED DOING JUST A SPIN & THE DOOR LOCKED BUT IT STOPPED ALMOST IMMEDIATELY & THE DOOR UNLOCKED AGAIN. Sorry, didn't mean to use caps.

that's okay , these machines are famous for door lock failure.Door or Lid Latch AssemblyNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product View you need to replace it. heres a link to order it and theres a video to show you step by step how to change it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=FTFB4000GS0?RCAID=1000065