Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A GE HVM1540DN1WW AND THE NUMBER 2 AND 8 DOSENT WORK

I HAVE A GE HVM1540DN1WW AND THE NUMBER 2 AND 8 DOSENT WORK ALSO THE VENT VAN NOLONGER WORKS EITHER IT BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 1 MONTH AND NOW THE 1 HAS STOPED WORKING TOO

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon, When you say the vent fan no longer works are you talking about the key that controls it ? theres a chance this has been affected by moisture from the range below. the first thing you should try is taking a hair dryer and warming up the keys on the touchpad and massaging them with your fingers. sometimes this will fix the keys. if not you will have to replace the keypad. heres a link to order it if needed. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/WB56X10816/1474862?modelNumber=HVM1540DN1WW?RCAID=1000065 I hope this helps, have a great weekend ! thanks . Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and if thats not it

that's definitely it. the key pad itself is self contained so no other part of the electronics has any effect on the keys themselves. since other keys works "or did work" then its getting the power from the smart board. theres nothing else.