Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Miele DW G892 SCU PLUS intake/drain control light on. Drain

Miele DW G892 SCU PLUS intake/drain control light on. Drain base full of water. Cleaned everything, took no-return valve out and cleaned it, ball is moving, checked propeller which is moving in both direction, cleaned out the water in the drain. Tried to reset by turning the power fuse off for DW, held the ON/FF switch for 10 seconds, did same while the door was open but control light is still blinking after all that. Any idea how to fix the problem or reset the light so it starts working again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Meile service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : i see that you went into great trouble diagnosing this machine. To be honest it is simple and here is what you need to do to find the problem.
Jon : first unplug or flip off the circuit to the dishwasher. Make sure it is toats
Jon : Sorry
Jon : totally powered off.
Jon : then take a wet dry vac and suck out all the water that is left in the tub.
Jon : Then put everything back in place like it was originally and ready for another cycle.
Jon : now set the dishwasher to a regular cycle like you would and hot the start button.
Jon : if the dishwasher fills completely with water and starts to wash then we know the water flow systems is not the cause for the error. And we can move on to the circulation motor.
Jon : but if during the fill cycle the machine stops and gives the intake/drain light again then you will need to replace th water flow system.
Jon : now, back to if the dish fills fine and completely but then stops when it either tries to wash or drain then the circulation motor and drain motor are the issue. Now lets first know that if the intake drain light comes on when it is trying to drain the we need to look at the drain motor and hoses for any clogs or kinks. I no kinks or clogs replace the drain motor.
Jon : But of the error is present when it tries to wash then we need to look at the circulation motor. And on this model machine it is common for the circ motor to jam and sieze and even sometimes just fail completely.
Jon : I know you have said above that youhave checked the filters and the motor itself to see that the impeller is rotating back and forth, which is good, but that is not a conclusive test for the circ motor.
Jon : and actually Miele sells a tools called a circulation hook filter tool that is designed by them to fix issues like this. Since it is such a common issue it is a popular tool. The tool sis designed to get into the circulation motor to unjam and free up the windings and impeller. And allow the motor to function properly.
Jon : Call Miele directly to get the part. And sometimes they will even send the part out to you for free. Their number is XXXXX Just ask the rep for the circulation hook tool they will know what you mean.
Jon : Then just follow the simple instruction on how to use it and run the machine again.
Jon : If it still gives you the same issue then I am afraid you will have to replace the circulation motor assembly.
Jon : Pandagain
Jon : Sorry
Jon : and again, for that you can call Meile directly or go to your nearest Meile parts distributor.
Jon : If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here and I will help you more.
Jon : And please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat withOk service or better rating if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions. And if you have more questions after positively rating me please feel free to get back intouchwithme here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : thanks again and please let me know how you have made out with the dishwasher.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.