Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchenaid oven model (kdrp407hss4) that the broiler

I have a kitchenaid oven model (kdrp407hss4) that the broiler element comes on with the selector switch set on reset. You can not turn it off except at the electrical breaker panel?

Shep Beyland
[email protected]

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is this glowing red hot or just warm ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is red hot

okay, when you have everything off after shutting the breaker off when you turn the breaker back on does the broil come back on by itself without touching the control ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay unfortunately this control is electronic and the relay on the control for the broil is welded so its like you have it turned on. The only way to fix this is replace the control,. Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product ViewI am including a link to the part below. you need to order and replace it to fix the issue, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan