Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

my whirlpool duet washer is stuck on the clean cycle. I have

Customer Question

my whirlpool duet washer is stuck on the clean cycle. I have run the clean cycle numerous times, with and without Affresh, but it still wont budge. I have a mountain of laundry HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Whirlpool service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : what is the model number of the washer?
Jon : it will be found just around the door cavity when you openthe door, if you can openthe door.
Jon : does the washer door even open? Or is the cycle just stuck on the clean cycle and you can open the door and set a set but won't work?
Jon : i would first try unplugging the machine for ten minutes then plug it back in and hit and hold the cancel button or power button for ten seconds then let go. That will reset the control board.
Jon : Try that and let me know. And also try to get me the model number fromthe machine so I can bring up the diagnostics and check cycle for your machine
Customer: I can open the door when the cycle completes. Model number is XXXXX
Jon : Ok. Great. Give two minutes to look up the model info. Be right back.
Jon : Ok got it.
Jon : running the clean cycle with no soap or afresh is never a good idea. But that shoul not have made the cycle stuck.
Jon : how old is this machine?
Jon : try the reset I describe above.
Customer:

bought it on march 17 2013 so that makes it a little over 2 months

Jon : Ok.
Jon : try this. Hold the rinse and spin buttons for ten seconds then let go.
Jon : tell me what happens.
Jon : And since the machine is under a year old it is still under warranty. Which is good. So if we can't reset the control board now you can call whirlpool and have them come out and replace the board or machine for free.
Jon : but lets try the reset first. That works 70% of the time.
Jon : did you try the unplug for ten minutes?
Customer:

I have a spin button but no rinse button. I have unplugged it for about 10 to 15 seconds but not 10 minutes.

Jon : ok. Try unplugging it for ten minutes. The longer period of time is what resets the computer.
Jon : if that doesn't work then tell me. What others buttons do you have on the on troll board besides the spin button?
Jon : wash temp? Spin? What esle?
Jon : Are you still with me?
Customer:

okay I have replugged in the machine and nothing has changed. Other buttons are wash temp, spin, soil, presoak

Customer:

would it be helpful if I uploaded a picture of the front of the washer?

Customer:

Hello? Are you still there?

Customer:

well, i guess it is off to the laundry mat for me.

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Susan,

Sorry for the delay.

Of the reset still did nothing then I am afraid that the control panel has shorted out in one to the clean cycles you have out it through.

Since the machine is still under warranty I would not do anything else to it for fear that you may void the warranty. And if that happened you would responsible for the cost of repair. No for this machine it is quite expensive to replace the control board. More then $200

So please call whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 and tell them your model and serial number and that your machine is under warranty and they will send some one out to you for free and replace the parts for free.

If you have any other questions please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.