Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I replaced both front and rear bearings for dryer tub now no

I replaced both front and rear bearings for dryer tub now no heat. Does door switch wiring have anything to do with heating element? Wires came off while repairing dryer and not sure if I got them back on correctly.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.. the door switch wont stop this from heating , if the dryer starts its hooked up right.by chance did you short the heating element ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was a ground strap that was replaced with the rear bearing assembly. Could that have been installed incorrectly? How would I know if heating element got shorted. Dryer was not plugged in during repairs. I carefully reinstalled it the same as it came off.

Okay can you open it up again and check the heating element to make sure it didn't short ? Heating Element WE11M23 Main Product Viewmake sure no wires fell of also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That requires removing the entire tub assembly again. So I will have to tear dryer apart again. That will take some time. How long do I have this link available?

take your time I'll be here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How will I be sure to get YOU back online once I am ready?

just leave this up and any reply's you send go to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot see any breaks or hot spots in element wires. Did find a wire not connected but I may have knocked it loose upon dissassembly. It fastens to what appears to be a relay. the wire is actually two wires on one female plugin. The 'relay' has several wires numbers 1 to 6. where this goes is #1. Is it possible to plug dryer in without fully assembling dryer to see if element heats up?

well you can but you would need to bypass the door switch and the belt switch. if you do that don't let it run long if the heater comes on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went ahead and reassembled the dryer and turned it on. IT HAS HEAT!!! Thank you very much for leading me in the right direction. Sorry you have to work this weekend but I am so glad you were there. Have a good one!! Where do I go to rate you??

I'm sorry I had company stop over ,If you could rate me 3 or above that would be great. thanks and good job ! Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, but when/if I do I will be sure to get back to YOU.