Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

i have a maytag dryer model med5630tq0. It wont turn on.

i have a maytag dryer model med5630tq0. It won't turn on. What should i be checking?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. First check your house breaker. Then make sure where the cord hooks up to the dryer that one of the wire have not burned off. If you have a meter you need to make sure that you have 240 volts where the cord hooks up. The thermal fuse that you checked, did it look like the fuse in the picture? And did it have continuity?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, the thermal fuse is the one you displayed .

I have a meter. how do i check for 240 volts. Also, the dryer light turns on when i open the ddor.
Set your meter to measure AC volts, and test the two outside terminals on the terminal block. It should read 240 volts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i checked the voltage using the 600 setting on the Vac. I got a 244
volt reading. What should i check next

Did you receive my last reply. Everything checks ok in regards XXXXX XXXXX
voltage to the two outside terminals. I receieved a 244 reading on
the volt meter. What should i check next?

Check the door switch, it should have continuity when the door is closed. If that checks good, check the push to start switch. When pushed it should have continuity. Make sure to disconnect the power before performing these checks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Before I check the door and start switches let me tell you what I've done. With the dryer plugged in I push down the start button. When I open the door the start button clicks off. When I close the door I'm able to push the start button in. Does this indicate the door switch is working correctly? Also when checking the door switch for connectivity do I Check the two nodes with the copper plate on the surface of the switch.
Yes that does seem to indicate the door switch is good, and the start switch is probably ok also. The motor is the most likely problem. Below is a link to purchase one. This company has a 365 day return policy even if it has been installed. So you can order the motor and if that does not fix it you can return it. They even have a video on how to change it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Is it worth replacing the motor
I believe it is worth it. A new dryer is going to run a minimum of 350.00.