Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
sorry I was going off the manual,
No it doesnt
The washer must be empty and the control must be
in the OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to
start the test.
Close the door.
Select any one key (except PAUSE/CANCEL) and follow
the steps below, using the same key (remember the key):
Upon release, all console LED lights will turn on for
If there are any failure codes, they will be displayed in the
Estimated Time Remaining display.
This program recalls the most recent failure code
Press the same key to advance to the next failure code.
(If the console doesn't change then the same failure
code was stored multiple times.)
If there aren't any more failure codes all the lights on the
console will turn on for 5 seconds.
Next the washer begins the Diagnostic Test.
To cancel out of service mode press
F-28 error code and by the way the door does lock but the light doesnt come on
SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERRORThat's not a good code to get. It means theres a problem either with a bad connection between the user interface and the CCU (Central Control Unit)
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
there are three screws in the back holding the top on remove the top and check all the connections (wiring) if none are loose replace the CCU. heres a link to order it if needed, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10246289/1548827?modelNumber=WFW8300SW01?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes, Bryan