Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

kitchenaid model KBRC36FMS01 clicking sound, not cooling. Clicking

kitchenaid model KBRC36FMS01 clicking sound, not cooling.
Clicking sound seems to be coming from the "Electronics control module.
Compressor is warm to touch, and sound like it is trying to get to speed?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Is the clicking coming from the circuit board at the top? Not the box by the compressor.

How long does the compressor run when it starts?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is coming from the circuit board on top left.

Compressor seems to be trying to come up to speed, but fans do not operate.. TIME?? i can hear it but the clicking every so often?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TOP right that is

Thanks Richard, turn it off. The fans should be running if the compressor is trying to start. That board is what controls that. Replace the board, it is part number W10219463.

To replace it be sure the power breaker is off to the refrigerator. When you get it installed be aware it may not start right away, give it 40 minutes to start. Sometimes the refrigerator will start in the defrost cycle and that is a silent cycle.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK but please clarify a bit, if possible. The 'module' controls the FANS and compressor as well. And the solution is the module and NOT the compressor, right?

IE relays are clicking and maybe bad contacts etc and not allowing power to be switched correctly?

Thanks for this clarification.

Your welcome, thank you for the opportunity. Not the compressor.

Those 5 rectangular parts on the board are relays, ice, water, compressor, and fans. The fans should engage at the same time the compressor does and the clicking is a sure sign the board is not working as it should. Yes I am sure there is one or more relay either not being pulled down or somewhere on that board is a bad part or circuit causing that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the clarification. I had a relay issue on my boiler a while ago, and found replacing them, fixed the problem.

Excellent service, I have booked marked the site.

[email protected]
Your welcome,

Have a very nice weekend Richard. Please return when you need us again.