Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I REPLACED THERMASTAT AND FRIDGE CAME ON FREEZER GETS COLD

I REPLACED THERMASTAT AND FRIDGE CAME ON FREEZER GETS COLD BUT FAN DID NOT WORK REPLACED FAN' MOTOR FAN STILL DOES NOT RUN
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Does anyone there have a meter to test with?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I HAVE A WIGGY AND OHM METER BEFORE I REPLACED THE FAN I CHECKED IT WITH A WIGGY IT JUMPED SO I FIGURED IT HAD POWER SO I REPLACED THE FAN MOTOR BUT IT STILL WONT COME ON HELP!!!!!!!!!

THANKS, DAVE

Hi Dave, does your meter measure voltage? I am sorry I am not familiar with a wiggy.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IS THE FAN MOTOR AC OR DC I HAVE A DC VOLT METER

120 volts AC measure from wire to wire first. Then measure from wires to frame ground next.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WAS CHECKING VOLTAGES TO YHE FAN AND FOUND A BROKEN WIRE INSIDE THE INSULATION REPAIRED IT AND THE FAN WORKS ITS ALL GOOD MAKES ME HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

DAVE

You are welcome Dave, thank you for the opportunity to help. It should not be long that it gets cold for you, a few hours. You and your family have a nice weekend and return to see us when you need to.

Thanks,
Barry