Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

replaced the water filter, (bottom grill) and now the ice maker

replaced the water filter, (bottom grill) and now the ice maker has quit working....

Have read and re-read the "use & care guide" several times.....I do have in the proper filter...

Got any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy :

Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you this evening

repairguy :

Im not sure the ice maker is supplied water through the filter assy

Customer:

Hmmmm...OK...What is the the "harvest mode" .....have not heard water even going into the icemaker

repairguy :

Harvest is when the ice comes out of the mold and then is refilled

repairguy :

Unfortunately I can not see the water lines for this unit. I can see the filter assy only has two lines going to it, so you would figure from that one in and one out to the dispenser. The ice maker is supplied its water straight from the water valve.

repairguy :

Actually i know this is the case, when looking up your units parts, the parts breakdown shows the watervalve straight to the ice maker

repairguy :

W10408179

is the part number you need. you can purchase it from www.automaticappliance.com for $68.78

Customer:

I didn't turn off or disconnect any of the watervalves......all I did was pull fridge out to clean behind

repairguy :

I can't explain why, but I do know for sure that is how the ice maker is supplied with water.

Customer:

I didn't touch or change any of the watervalves behind the fridge......would it help to unplug the fridge for about 5 mins and see if it resets itself......its like something is stuck....no water entering the ice maker at all....I did look underneath the fridge and the drip pan has quite abit of water in it....

repairguy :

and since you stated the water went through filter assy for 7 minutes. we know that the water supply to the refrigerator is not damaged. you can pull it back out and verify a plastic line did not get crushed pushing the unit back. or some how a wire did not get knocked loose

repairguy :

I dont believe that unpluging the unit will help your problem

Customer:

K...will have a look see.....I appreciate your brain storming....:)

repairguy :

just let me know if you need me

Customer:

well, pulled fridge out again....nothing is pinched.....but, plastic tubbing is tapped up the whole back side of the fridge...appearing to probably go to icemaker...

Customer:

I have hard wood floors and just think I am going to turn of water supply and not take any chances with leaking....after the weekend I will call someone to come and look at it...Thanks for scratching your head with me....have a good weekend

Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.