Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Where is the float reset switch on a Bosch SHE42L15UC/23 ?

Where is the float reset switch on a Bosch SHE42L15UC/23 ? I found the red float arm, but moving it up and down is not fixing my problem (no water, but motor runs). Thought I should try to find and reset the switch.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Is there water in the base pan ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think so. I can't see it, but if I stuff a cloth in the white plastic space behind the toe kick plate (which I have removed), it comes out wet. I have done that several times to try to get out the water. I can only do it by feel---not sure how one can see in to see if there's water.

okay, the issue is you need to get all the water out. do you have the machine out from under the cabinet ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, but I can pull it out. It isn't attached to the countertop yet.

okay pull the machine out and tip it over far enough for the water to run out. get a towel and catch the water. once all the water is out set the machine back up and hit cancel.the try a new load. is this new ? or has it been used for a while ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Do I tip it forward or back?

It is a used machine, but only just installed in my house.

to the side, usually I tip them to the left far enough for the water to come out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I'll try that right now.

okay let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wasn't able to get it far enough out to tip it because of the length of the water supply lines. Can you tell me how to access the reset switch?

theres no reset switch the float is the reset. you need to get the water out and then the float will reset and thye machine will run.shut the water off under the sink and disconect the hoses to get this out. I'm wondering have you run this at all since you put it in ? there shouldnt be water in the base pan so soon if you just tried this for the first time unless its leaking .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't run it yet. The plumber finished connecting it today and tested it, and it wouldn't work. The motor ran, but no water came into the machine. For a while, the motor would even run with the door open. It's not doing that now, but still not working.

I don't know how the water got in the base pan. I guess there's a leak and I will need a professional repair.

well it sounds like theres a leak and water is getting into the base pan which trips the float switch and puts this in a flood mode. As far as I can tell you have a leak somewhere. try pouring about 1 and 1/2 gallons of water right into the machine and hit start, tell me what it does.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, one minute...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, poured in 1 1/3 gallons of water and turned it on. It's now spraying the water around as if it's washing.

okay let it run and see if it drains .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem. is it running now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's still going through the cycle started when I poured the gallon and a half of water in it. I won't know if I can get water to the machine until this cycle finishes and I can start a new one (without pouring in the water).

AAgh! Water just came bubbling up the side while it was draining, between the metal left side panel and the rest of the machine!

okay it sounds like the water inlet valve is bad. its not putting water in to start the cycle.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Is that a separate problem from the water that just came out of the left side between the metal panel and the machine?

sorry I stepped out for a minute. well the valve may be leaking or the hose from the valve to the tub which would explain the water in the base pan .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was able to take off the left side access panel and watch what was happening. After I dried up all the water in the pan, I started a cycle. Water spurted out the clear plastic water fill assembly through a breathing hole near the top. I stopped the machine, mopped up the water, then, by plugging the breathing hole with my thumb, forced the machine to continue its cycle. During the cycle, I could see a very slow drip from the water intake valve. So perhaps it is allowing too much water in too fast, causing it to spurt out of the water fill assembly. I'll order a new valve. Thanks for your help.

you very welcome, well wishes and good job ! thanks. Bryan