Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

My icemaker isnt working. It isnt letting water in.

My icemaker isn't working. It isn't letting water in.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

You have checked the ice maker mold and and is empty?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I was disconnected for a few months during a remodel and I just ran a new water line to it and it is not filling. The water is getting to the refrigerator line but not the icemaker.

Thanks Donnie, this is fairly common so I am pretty sure this is what you will find. There are 2 screws over the ice maker. Loosen those, sometimes there is one underneath remove that one then lift the ice maker off from the top 2 screws. Then you can see the tube that comes through the rear freezer wall. That tube is probably clogged with ice. Dig it out with a small screwdriver or warm the tube without overheating it to melt the ice out and that will take care of it. If you find something different let me know.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.