Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

GE Profile dryer dpgt750gc2pl wasnt blowing air. Went through

Customer Question

GE Profile dryer dpgt750gc2pl wasn't blowing air. Went through Diagnostics (insufficient blower speed) ...Cleared error then opened and inspected unit. Found an overheated transistor on the control board. Reassembled and unit worked (good air movement and heat) but I expect it will fail again. Is the board under rated or what caused the failure?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized GE service tech and I can try to help you today.
Jon : To answer your question, yes. These boards should have had a power surge or due wires in but didn't because of cost and extra time on production line.
Jon : The board and relays and transistors on the board will often short out or burn due to board overheating.
Jon : There was a product update for this very reason. As long as you have ordered the most recent board you will not or should not have this problem again.
Jon : If you didn't replace the while board and just replaced the burnt relay I would replace the whole board otherwise you run the risk of this happening again.
Jon : I can get you the par info I you need it? And even too you where to get it cheaply.
Customer:

All the components are imbedded in a thick clear coating on the board so I wasn't going to try and replace the transistor. I saw some posts about the blower motor itself failing. I'm willing to spend the approx. $180 for the board if that is the answer

Jon : Are you still wih me? I am not seeing your responses. Can you see mine?
Customer:

I'm looking at appliance Zone. I've had really good history with them

Customer:

still here

Jon : Yes. You will nee to replace the whole board.
Jon : Appliance zone is ok. But here is a number to Marcone. They are better and usually cheaper. And will give you a longer warranty.
Jon : You can call and get pricing quickly by calling 1-877-821-4170.
Customer:

I'm familiar with them. I just wanted another tech's input. I started doing this work on my own a couple years ago and some of the fancy stuff can be intimidating. Thanks

Jon : You are most welcome. I am glad I could help. That's what I am here for.
Jon : And if you ever need any other help please feel free to get back to me here at the website and I will help you more. I am authorized almost every major kitchen and laundry appliance manufacturer.
Customer:

Thanks again I'm satisfied with your input I will rate your respose High

Customer:

Thanks again I am satisfied with your response . I will give you a high rating

Customer:

bye

Jon : If you her need appliance parts lists or manuals please get feel free to get back to me and I will get them for you as well. They will give you the confidence you need to take down some of the more stubborn problems with these machines
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Dom,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

The part number you need for the board is we04x10107. You can call the number I sent you above to order the part. Or order it from appliance zone or whoever you feel comfortable getting it from.

I am sure that the board will fix the issue.

Please feel free to get back to me here or at my direct profile link below any time you need help again. I will do my best to help you with any questions you may have about kitchen and laundry appliances.

Use this link if you would like to come directly to me next time to ask a question, it will save a lot of time. The question asked only profile page under my picture will come directly to me and skip the question page. And that alone will save you time in getting an answer.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-jon-grella/

Just use the link above when you have any other questions and I will help you to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Thanks again.