Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Amana tandem 7300 washer will complete the wash cycle but wont

Amana tandem 7300 washer will complete the wash cycle but won't go into a sufficient spin to remove soapy water, it just stops and does nothing ,leds stay the same, still in wash mode, no alarm or error codes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today :)

Can you give me the model number from the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nfw7300wwoo

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that James, other then the clothes feeling wet does the machine completely drain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, some water on bottom

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok James, this will be one of two problems, either the drain filter is clogged or the motor control board has failed.

First take the panel out from under the door by removing the 3 screws along the botXXXXX XXXXXp.

graphic

Once the panel is out you will see the pump, built into the pump is the drain filter, grab some towels then slowly unscrew the drain filter, when the water stops running pull the drain filter out and clean it out. Put the machine back together then try a new cycle.

If you have the same problem then the motor control has failed, this is located fixed to the floor near the motor. This will then need to be replaced.

I strongly recommend you order the replacement part from the link I have provided below, The delivery time for the part is excellent plus they also give a great warranty on their parts even if it has been installed, unlike other suppliers who don't allow any returns.

Click here to order the replacement motor control

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.