Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

i have a maytag frig . the freezer beads up with moister.

i have a maytag frig . the freezer beads up with moister. i got it at an auction what do i do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Is the moisture on the rear of the freezer wall or all over?

How are the door gaskets? Can you find a gap anywhere?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all over and they the moister freezes gaskets ok
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
How long has it been running Janet since you got it? Reach inside the fresh food section and feel near a light bulb, is it hot?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not hot got it friday
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Could you take a picture please and upload it to tinypic.com? Post a link here to the picture so I can see it. It does not need to be close, I can zoom and I would kind of like to see the whole freezer.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know how to do this only have hah a computer 2 months moister beads all over the freezer and also the door
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Open the fresh food door and look up at the bottom of the freezer door, there has to be a gap somewhere. What does that look like?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed doors from rt. to lf.when I got it .there is a gap top of freezer door. on the side edge.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Try this, when I install new door gaskets I have to do this and it will probably work. Get a hair dryer or a heat gun. Start heating where the gasket is touching the body of the refrigerator and slowly work your way toward the gap, move slow and as you go the gap should close. It takes a little while to do this and you have to get the gasket good and warm. That should take care of it, if it does not please let me know.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.