Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Samsung front load dryer model number DV419AEW. It

I have a Samsung front load dryer model number DV419AEW. It is only 2 years old. The problem is when I push the power button to dry a load and that works fine, but when I push the start button the light quickly blinks and it shuts back off. You can hear a clicking noise before it shuts off and its coming from the motor relay switch, so I purchased a new control board thinking that was it, but its still doing it. What do you think the problem is? Its like something is tripping the motor relay switch and its preventing it from start up..my boyfriend tested the thermistor with an OHM meter and is getting no resistance..Please help..cking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

This is typically only one of two things. EIther the door switch or the belt switch is bad. Check the door switch to see if it functions properly. Check to make sure the light goes on and off when pressed. The check for a broken belt. Remove the top panel and pull on the belt to see if it is broken if it is that is the problem for sure. That unit uses a belt switch so if the belt breaks the switch trips and it will not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both those switches work. when it first started doing this is when I stacked the dryer onto the washer. the washer would shake and cause it to trip but then after a few days of it being off it would start working again, now it isn't working at all. I unstacked them thinking that the shaking from the washer was causing it to do this but that didn't work either. The motor hesitates and barely moves when you hit the start button and then it trips and shuts back off again. The belt is fine also.
Ok if it is doing that you have a bad motor. They had trouble with that motor doing that and have put out a better one now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think it is going to cost me to have it fixed? should I get a new motor or see if this one can be fixed?
Should be worth fixing I would also check and make sure there's nothing caught in the blower wheel like a sock drop down in the lint screen. Probably 350 to get fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We checked the thermistor resistance with an OHM meter and got no reading. What is this thermistor? Its suppose to have 10koms and we didn't get a reading at all.
Make sure your meter is set right and have the wires off when checking it...should get a reading around 10k ohms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is its purpose? We did that. It worked for the thermostat but did not get a reading from the thermistor.
The thermistor regulates the temperature. It should read something
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should we be getting some kind of error code? we have not gotten any error codes at all?

typically you would get an error code if the thermistor was out but not if the motor or the switches are bad you would not get one
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I have to call a service tech. thanks for your help.