Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

GE side by side refrigerator that stopped working completely..

GE side by side refrigerator that stopped working completely.. Only thing that comes on is the light and the control panel blinks HRS and that's it..
I'm taken its the control board on the back??
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. You can try unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the main board will reset, for this error it usually does not. If not HRS means the main board has a communication problem and has failed. You will need to replace it or get it replaced. One place with a year warranty that has it online is just below.
To replace that unplug the refrigerator and remove the 8 x 10 panel on the back. Remove the connectors and replace the board. Put the connectors back they will only fit where they belong. Follow the instruction sheet that comes with the part to step 2 only, all of the other steps are for other models. Plug the refrigerator in and turn it on. If it does not turn on right away, wait 40 minutes, it will be in the defrost cycle and will start.

That will take care of the problem,
If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.