Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a GE Profile refrigerator, with French Doors (freezer

I have a GE Profile refrigerator, with French Doors (freezer at bottom). Model # XXXXX XXXXX

The left side of the freezer door does not close tightly (the right side does), and as a result the freezer temperature increases. I have wiped the rubber seal with water, to clean it but that doesn't seem to help.
Any suggestions?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

How large is the gap and does it go all the way from top to bottom on that side?

Open the freezer door and feel of the gasket on the bottom. Does it feel loose along there somewhere?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The problem does not appear to be the gasket. The gap is small. The magnets (if there are any) on the right side of the door are holding the door in place, but the left side does not adhere shut.
Try this and let me know get a hair dryer or heat gun. Start heating where the gasket is touching the frame of the refrigerator. Slowly work your way through the gap as the gasket starts touching the refrigerator. If the gap is small this will work. Be sure that the gasket is not loose underneath and holding that side of the door open.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I never thought that would work, but it did. Please share with me how the heat resolved the problem
The rubber expands and is the type of rubber that stays that way. Every time a new door gasket is installed I have to do that somewhere. It never fits exact and you may need to do that more than once. Sometimes a part of it will not have expanded enough and doing that again should take care of it Jeff. Keep the door closed as long as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks much Barry for you
"Genius" help.
You are very welcome Jeff, thank you for the opportunity and please return when you need us again.

If you can please rate me and have a great day.