Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

subzero 532 icemaker drawer is filling with water not forming

subzero 532 icemaker drawer is filling with water not forming cubes after several hours drops a few cubes on top of block of solid ice. compressor is ok fridge temp is normal.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

At the end of the ice maker there is a fill tube for water, is that tube loose?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know where that is located
It is located just over the ice maker next to the wall that seperates the fresh food from the freezer. That end of the ice maker.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will have to check that
That is okay, take your time. I will be here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can't do this I am not qualified to dismante the unit will have to get a tech in I thought I could avoid a service call but I guess not thank you
I understand, well I can tell you there will be one of 3 things that is causing the problem. One is that tube being loose and not dumping all of the water into the ice maker.

The second is that there is teflon that coats the inside of the ice maker mold and when that starts to peel water will catch it and the teflon will lift just enough to redirect some of the water out of the ice maker into the ice bin while it is filling. You can see if the teflon is peeling, it is visible.

Lastly the water valve has gone bad again.

Maybe if you have a friend who can help they can check these things for you. The problem will be one of the 3.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do have a friend who has commercial fridge experience I will try to get him to take a look thank you very much for your expertise. and will I be able to get a copy of this info emailed to me?
I am not sure if copies are emailed, what you can do is save this page to your favorites/bookmarks and then you can return to view it anytime you like for years. It will be here for a long time.

You are very welcome, thank you for the opportunity. If the tube does happen to be loose he only has to push it back in. There is nothing that holds it other than the fit.