Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KitcheAid dishwasher KUDS02SR ( 6 years old). The

I have a KitcheAid dishwasher KUDS02SR ( 6 years old). The door will not stay shut, therefore, we cannot use the machine. I've pull the washer out 6-8", while holding the door shut, pushed the metal clip down (which is attached to the body of the machine down), the door stayed shut. When I release pressure on the clip the door opens. HELP!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, these door strikes are famous for bending and not locking. Door Strike(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product Viewwhat you need to do is bend it down a little at a time until it stays locked. if that doesn't work replace the door strike. in most cases you can get this to lock by bending it down a bit. If you cant then heres a link to order a new strike. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Strike/8574157/1180919?modelNumber=KUDS02SRBL0?RCAID=1000065 .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should I also order the plastic receiver which is in the door?
Well usually thats not the issue in your case but if you want to order that heres a link. its the door latch

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
heres that link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Latch/8193830/961514?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=8270175?RCAID=1000065 If you want to order it to be safe thats up to you. heres a link to all the diagrams also if that helps, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kitchenaid-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/Model-KUDS02SRBL0/0593/0130000/W0510091/00002?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=KUDS02SRBL0 thanks and have a great day . Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're not going to beleive this. After inspecting the washer I found a screw which holds the door panels together had worked it's way out approximately 5/8", therefore, the door would not shut. Many of the screws were also lose. Tightened screws and doors shuts just fine. Thanks for your help. $30, well worth it.
thats great ! thats very rare that those come loose. good job ! thanks and have a great day ! Bryan

Register Here