Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

my washer quit draining after each cycle on all settings. The

my washer quit draining after each cycle on all settings. The timer makes a noise but it does not go into drain mode. Is this the timer switch gone bad? (When it spins some water does drain out but it takes about five spins to empty.)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

repairguy : Hello my name isXXXXX will assist you today
Customer: good, thanks
repairguy : If you have no laundry in the unit, and add some water then advance to spin, will the unit drain the water?
Customer: yes
Customer: during spin mode it does drain out slowly. no drain motor though
repairguy : your drain is attached to the main motor, when the motor turns one way it agitates, when it goes the other way it drains.
repairguy : I would say your pump is the problem here, it would be unusal for the unit not to drain on every cycle, and with you saying that it just barely drains water in spin
repairguy : This is a very simple pump, you could just have something stuck in the pump itself
Customer: oh, ok, that sounds better than an expensive timer. I know how to access pump.
Customer: i will check to see if it is cloged. do those pumps go out easily?
repairguy : I would take the hoses off the pump and feel inside to make sure there is no debris in the way
repairguy : There are two clips in the front of the pump towards the cabinet, all you do is unclip and pull off of motor.
repairguy : Please check and then come back here and let me know the outcome
Customer: I have the pump in my hands. the hoses are clear and it drains well without the pump and the motor is turning. The pump seems clear and rotates.
Customer: The pump seems to be tight but rotates. I can look into the pump by the hose attachment area and see nothing foriegn in it.
Customer: im back
repairguy : Ok me too sorry had to pick up son
Customer: no problem
Customer: i have pumnp in hand it turns tight
repairguy : I would reattach the pump and testing the unit, if it will still not drain properly I would replace the pump
Customer: that is what i thought you would say but it is good to talk to an expert. i almost bought a timer from someones advise. illfollow your advice. thanks you get an exellent
Customer: we all set here then?
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience: 25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.