Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.

have amana dryer ale643rbw replaced motor and dried 3 loads

have amana dryer ale643rbw replaced motor and dried 3 loads of clothes dryer quit woking at that point. have replaced that motor with another motor have replaced the door switch and the high limit fuse and the thermostat by the blower wheel. have had the 220 line checked by an electrian and at this point am at loss. could it be the timer?

repairguy : My name isXXXXX will assist you today
repairguy : Can you please tell me what the unit is doing now?
Customer: any idea what is going with thisdryer?
repairguy : Will the dryer do anything right now?
Customer: nothing
repairguy : When you hit start it just sits correctly
repairguy : Do you have a volt meter
Customer: when iturn the timer on there is no response from the dryer
repairguy : do you have a meter to check voltage
Customer: no
repairguy : L1 goes straight to the timer, so I would be pretty sure the voltage is there
repairguy : The only part you have left in the circuit is the timer
repairguy : Do you have access to a timer?
Customer: i would have to order one
repairguy : Im looking at the wiring diagram and the voltage for the motor comes from the timer and directly from the terminal block. You are looking at a new timer my friend.
Customer: thats what i thought i believe it is the possible thing left that i have not replaced
repairguy : other than a cycling thermostat, which will not stop the motor that is about it, unless you just have a bad wire or something unusual like that.
Customer: thanks for your advice would like to be able to let you know if the timer was the problem
repairguy : Even after you do the rating today, you can come back to the thread and ask me anything about this unit and I will help\