Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

i have a samsung dmt 400rhs thats giving a low level water

Customer Question

i have a samsung dmt 400rhs thats giving a low level water error how do i fix it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have you double check model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dmt 400rhs
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is the water level actually low or is it erring mistakenly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its filling with water i assume its the right level then it drains it does it twice and shuts off then gives the low water error code
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Number 13 is a sensor that is attached to the LH side of the tank and will likely need to be replaced. The sensor for your model is pictured and available below. It simply plugs in and has one hose attached and is very easy to replace once the appliance is pulled out from the cabinet. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Sensor Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge. I appreciate your positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats the part number
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The part number is XXXXX and it is available below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that shows a part for the dmt800 is it the same part for the dmt400 h
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that list is a partial model list only. I have verified your model and the part and have double checked it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im ordering part now if i need help when i get it is there a charge or can i contact you???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
There is no extra charge at all, no. You just simply reply and we continue until it is all fixed!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the part in how do i get the old one out ive got the unit out of the cabinet i see the the part but how does it come out

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I believe there is a plastic keeper slide at the top of the part that locks into place after it is positioned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i went out of town just got back i dont see the keeper I just cant seem to get it to come out

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It appears to slide for removal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i got the new one in can i fill it and run it or do i need to run a empty load first

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would run a test load empty, just like a rinse cycle.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for all your help it seems to be working fine for now

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, very well done!