Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Dishwasher Model# XXXXX

Last Night you gave me advice about my Maytag Dishwasher Model# XXXXX
I replied "You are a genius", because the hairdryer trick worked last night. Today it does not work. Any other ideas?
Hello Cynthia give me just a few minutes. I am presently looking at prices for you.

Thanks,
Barry
What happened was when you warmed it that allowed the metallic pieces inside the buttons that make them work to restick themselves in the proper places. This often works, evidently the glue inside is not sticky enough or strong enough to hold these pieces in place anymore.

How old is your dishwasher? Does it still wash dishes well?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dishwasher was purchased in 2004. It washes dishes well, but will only allow me to push "select" which results in a two hour heavy duty cycle. I live alone and usually only need a "light wash". As long as the heavy cycle still works,obviously, I will not replace the dishwasher. I just wondered is there was a cheap repair to restore the settings?
That was the cheap repair, I am sorry it did not last longer. If you open the door and look I believe there are 6 screws that hold the plastic part on with the buttons, you could replace that part and that would take care of it permentantly, are you interested it doing that? The cheapest I could find that part was $139 with a year warranty.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Barry G's initial answer appeared to solve my problem, but only for one day. The next day the Dishwasher did not work as expected. I contacted Barry G for other solutions. He did not reply.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Hello, I see you still need help. Okay well if the keypad only worked for one day and then failed again you will need to replace it. Touchpad and Control Panel 6-918795 Main Product Viewunfortunately this is not cheap however, the new keyboard is part of the whole panel. It is available at . http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/6-918795/0022/465?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=6-918795 for $171.93 but maybe if you look an line you can find it cheaper, the part number is XXXXX there are screws along the top inside of the door you need to remove to get this off. its part number 1 on this diagram. I hope this helps and answers your question. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.